Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Trusting in God


I have a few blog posts running thru my mind but I can only write one at a time :) I guess I will write this one on what I have been experiencing a lot lately, and that is trusting in God and how that has affected my relationship with Him.

February was quite a month spiritually. I had some hard decisions to make, as I said in an earlier post, and through making those decisions I had a choice to make. I could try to handle it all on my own, or I could trust it to God. I chose to trust God and allowed Him to take control of the situation and work it out in the way He saw fit. And you know, looking back, I know the decision I made was the right one. I also know that I didn't do it on my own and only by my giving it to God, was the reason that it turned out the way it has! Along the way, I asked for guidance from my parents and ladies I respect in the church, and they gave me invaluable advice!

Then this past week I had something else come up. I chose to give the matter to God, instead of handling it on my own. And you know, He came through as He always does. He answered my prayer in a way I wasn't expecting at all but I can see His hand in the whole matter. And through this entire process I have been seeing, the more I trust God and allow Him to have His way in my life, the more I want to serve Him. I also have noticed that the more I trust in Him, the more joy and peace He blesses me with! I feel so blessed to be able to serve such an awesome God, who loves and cares for His children!

So my challenge to you, is to trust in God, no matter what you are facing. Give it to God and allow Him to work through you and your situation. He will show Himself strong in you life, but only if you allow Him to!

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
—Philippians 4:6 nasb

No comments:

Post a Comment