Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

I Need The Prayers of Those I Love



I need the prayers of those I love,
While trav’ling o’er life’s rugged way,
That I may true and faithful be,
And live for Jesus every day.


Refrain
I want my friends to pray for me,
To bear my tempted soul above,
And intercede with God for me;
I need the prayers of those I love.


I need the prayers of those I love,
To help me in each trying hour,
To bear my tempted soul to Him,

That He may keep me by His pow’r.

Refrain

I want my friends to pray for me,
To hold me up on wings of faith,
That I may walk the narrow way,
Kept by our Father’s glorious grace.


Refrain

Thinking of this song today. :) Its amazing how when you share with someone the things you are struggling with, if you have a will to live your life for God, and you make up your mind and do everything you can to do so, you WILL be able to overcome it! I recently overcame something I had been struggling with in my life for the last few months. In the process, God showed me that my body, my mind, my thoughts, my everything, are all His, and when Satan comes along and tries to tempt me I can say to Satan, this is God's thing (mind, body, whatever) and you have no place here! Oh, I still have things God has shown me I need to work on but I am just glad that He is molding me into the woman He wants me to be.

I am so blessed with friends, ladies in the church, a wonderful body of Christ (the church), and my family who are there for me, who I can share things with, and are there to encourage me. Life can be so tough at times and we don't always know why God places these things in our lives but the thing to remember is that there is a reason for it and God won't expect you to face it on your own! He is always there for you and He always puts people in your life to help you along the way! The challenge I wish to leave with you, is, to remember is that God places those things in our lives and if we allow Him to, He will use it for His honor and glory, and to continue to mold us into the people He wants us to be! It can be hard to remember that but God ultimately does what is best for us even if we don't see it that way right then. God bless you as you continue into this week!

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
-James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment